Instructions for CPE Facilitator/Speaker
Definition Of Continuing Professional Education
Continuing Professional Education consists of educational activities that serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a professional uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession. Broadly, CPE are continuing educational activities which assist in carrying out professional responsibilities more effectively and efficiently.
The Essential Areas are the requirements which a CPE facilitator/ speaker must meet for accreditation
- If you meet the following criteria and are passionate about advancing the knowledge we hope you will consider becoming part of our CPE faculty team.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Expertise in the specific subject area.
- Knowledge of practice issues and problems related to the subject matter.
- Credibility and high regard by the medical community at large.
- Experience in teaching methods and learning strategies.
- Appreciation for and application of adult learning theory.
- Ability to address the learning needs of the target learners.
- Ability to deliver education in compliance with current professional codes, standards, laws, or regulations governing CME, continuing professional development, and independent medical education.
- The facilitator must get the approval from the head of the department to conduct the CPE
- To conduct an activity the facilitator must submit the following documents to the coordinator of the respective department at least 6 weeks prior to get the CPE approval;
- ZU CPE Activity form
- PMDC Activity form
- CV of the facilitator
- Power point presentation/ abstract of the proposed activity (to evaluate the content and relevance of the material)
- Educational material (from website/journal) to be shared with the participants
- For all CPE activities, presenters must disclose to participants prior to educational activities the existence of, whether or not, any significant financial or other relationship a presenter has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) or provider(s) of any commercial service(s). Disclosure slide should be (second in line) displayed before the intended learning outcomes. All certified CPE activities shall conform to this clause.
- The final power point presentations of presenters are to be submitted at the CPE desk office 48 hours prior to any activity. With due consent of the facilitator the presentation would be finally uploaded at the DCPE webpage repository after the activity. The size of the power point presentation should be < 10 MB (10485700 KB).
- Timely completion and submission of the activity evaluation forms to DCPE would help to maintain credit records of the participants; determine medical and educational curriculum validity; improve Professional Development within the health care organization and the community; assist the planner to know its strengths, weaknesses and opportunities through an informed review process; identifies internal areas of planning and resource allocation within the continuing professional education.